Monday, January 3, 2011

Ode to Pizza!

I'm having a hard time getting inspired to write today, because all I can think about is pizza! It has been six whole days, since I've eaten sugar or white flour, and let me tell you... this is no small feat! I love to cook and I know quite a bit about nutrition, so I don't eat crap, but I really miss the cheesy goodness of my home-made pizza. So, I want to share my recipe with you, because there's no need for everyone to suffer. Here it is....

Ingredients:

  • Pizza dough (you can make your own or buy it pre-made at a grocery store. I highly recommend the multi-grain pizza dough from Whole Foods)
  • Sauce (again you can make your own or buy your favorite brand)
  • Peppers (any color)
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Sausage (My favorite is sweet apple chicken sausage, al fresco is the best brand I've had)
  • Fresh mozzarella cheese
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
  • Good Olive Oil

Directions:

Set oven to 450 degrees. Roll out the dough and place on a baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread a thin layer of olive oil over the dough. Next, top with sauce, onions, peppers, garlic, and sausage. Then top with slices of fresh mozzarella and finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese gets browned and bubbly. Enjoy!

Oh, sweet pizza, how I miss you so. Thankfully, this torture I'm putting myself through is only temporary!

No comments:

Post a Comment