Sunday, January 30, 2011

Never a Dull Moment


I'm just going to come right out and say it... "My kids are weird!" It's hard to say who is the weirder of the two; I think it depends on the day. But it's probably fair to say that my daughter is outwardly odder, due to the fact that she likes to wear her creativity. This is a photo that was taken before bed. My daughter generally likes to dress like a princess while she sleeps, so she will often put on her pajamas with a skirt or dress on top. This way, she can be "fancy" during bedtime. As you can see, she also has a dome on her head. This is her "space helmet", which happens to be part of a crayola coloring contraption that my sister bought her for Christmas. She always enjoys her gifts, especially when she can find unorthodox ways of playing with them. I think the way her nose smooshes against the plastic really adds a little something special to the look!

I make it a point to support her artistic expression, because it's so clearly a huge part of who she is. It's fascinating to watch her gather bits and pieces of nonsense and turn them into these elaborate creations! Currently, I'm looking at my lamp, which has been beautified by various necklaces and baubles. I am confident that this masterpiece has an intricate story behind it, since she usually narrates during her play. At one point, this lamp was a horse that had been adorned for one reason or another. It's hard to keep up with her complex plot lines.

So whether she's putting on a concert for her stuffed animals, or painting her dolls face, or surreptitiously gathering items from my jewelry box; I will always be intrigued by what she comes up with. Every day with this messy little monster is an adventure, and I’m thoroughly enjoying (almost) every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment